Since 1991, this program has been implemented in five elementary schools and two colleges. Dr. Penny alone has personally taught upwards of 400 students, and impacted hundreds more.
As an elementary school principal for the past 14 years and a teacher for considerably longer, Dr. Penny knows that this approach works.
This approach has proven to be a successful change agent for school culture with regards to academic scores, social development and peer relationships, and leadership attitudes.
Violins 4 Joy is an approach that can make a real difference for all children, especially for:
– Children from families who cannot provide their children with real-life leadership experience opportunities.
– Children who are seeking to fine-tune their leadership potential.
– School communities seeking to increase academic scores.
– School communities seeking to increase student engagement.
– Communities seeking to increase healthy relationships.